- Water Valley ISD will utilize the commissioner’s recommended teacher appraisal
system, Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) for teacher appraisals.
- Monday 8/13/187 – Teacher training for the new T-TESS Appraisal System. This is
mandatory for all instructional staff. Once the training is provided, the staff has six weeks
to submit their Goal-Setting and Professional Development (GSPD) Plan to
- Tuesday 9/11/2018 – Formal observation window opens.
- Tuesday 9/28/2018 – All teachers must submit their Goal-Setting and Professional
Development (GSPD) Plan to their appraiser prior to this date. A GSPD conference
is required for all teachers during their first year under the T-TESS.
- Wednesday 5/1/19 – All end of year conferences must be completed. Domain 4 is not
scored until the teacher has had an opportunity to present evidence related to each of the
four dimensions during the end of the year conference.
- There will be no teacher observations the day immediately before or the day after a
- There will be no teacher observations the day immediately before or the day after
required State testing.
- Walkthrough observations will be conducted on all teachers throughout the year.
- Certified Appraisers for the 2018-19 school year are:
Dane Hoover, Wayland Cooksey, and Fabian Gomez